Saturday, November 6, 2010

Neil Gaiman's Price coming to film

The Price, by Neil Gaiman is one of my favorite short stories that the author has penned is actually being made into an independent film by Christopher Salmon. This apparently is a one man show, Salmon is doing all the production of this CGI short.

"The Price" Kickstarter project pitch from Christopher Salmon on Vimeo.



Mr. Salmon has the full support of Neil Gaiman on this project and is asking for fan support since this is a private project and does not have the backing of any studios. The material, the short story The Price (which I have mentioned in a blog before) is one of my favorite short stories and if you get the chance I recommend it as well as the graphic novel, Creatures of the Night, done by Gaiman and one of my personal favorite artists, Michael Zulli.

The Price is a story of the devotion of an animal, a black cat (which I have extreme fondness for the inky alien four legged slinky things)and how guardians can come in the most unexpected forms. I highly recommend it.

You can follow Mr. Salmon's progress here on his production blog.

Neil Gaiman has also given his blessing to this project and talks a little more in depth about it here on his blog.


Recommendations:

Creatures of the Night by Neil Gaiman and Michael Zulli




Smoke and Mirrors by Neil Gaiman

No comments:

Post a Comment